Pages

Monday 4 March 2019

Scones

In science we were making scones and this is how we did it.

Aim: To look at different kitchen ingredients in scones and their effects.


The normal scone recipe:

  • 1/2 cup Edmonds standard flour
  • 1 tsp Edmonds baking powder  or 1 tsp baking soda                            
  • 2 tsp butter
  • 1/4 cup milk, approximately or 1/4 cup lemonade.

We had to do the normal recipe for scones then we had to choose a little different ingredient than in the normal recipe

The recipes my group did:

1. Normal
2. Normal but instead of milk we used lemonade.
3. Normal but instead of baking soda we used baking powder


Materials:

1. Milk or lemonade
2. Butter
3. Baking powder or soda
4. Bowl
5. Something to mix with
6. A Chromebook

Process

Step 1: Get in a group
Step 2: Find out what person is doing what, mixing in the bowl, putting it on the bake sheet, or getting the ingredients
Step 3: Get your ingredients
Step 4: Wait for the mixer to finish mixing the ingredients
Step 5: Put the dough on the bake sheet
Step 6: Do all that again 2 more times

Findings:


What scone
Height
Taste
Colour
Normal
5 cm
Dry
Cream
With lemonade
4.5cm
Sweet and moist
Cream and white
With baking powder
4cm
Moist but burnt
Golden
Conclusion:

My normal scone was 50 mm or 5 cm tall, it was dry and it was a creamy colour. The second scone was with lemonade instead of milk also it was 45 mm or 4.5 cm tall and it was a creamy white colour. Also the last scone was with baking powder instead or baking soda, it was a golden colour. The normal scone tasted pretty dry, the 2nd scone tasted sweet but moist and the 3rd scone tasted burnt but moist in the middle. The scones were all cooked for 10 minutes and they were also cooked and 200 degrees.


Image result for making scones


Image result for making scones

Hope you liked my post, bye

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Danielle!

    This blog post looks nearly perfect! I like the conclusion you did and how you reflected on your findings chart. You added in a lot of really great detail.

    You are missing your list of steps (process), I wonder if you can go back and add this in? That way you will earn your point for this activity!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle!

    Thanks for letting me know you made the suggestions based on your feedback. Ka pai! I have updated your points for this blog.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.