Pages

Friday 22 March 2019

Reading Week 8

In reading today we were reading a book called My Name Is Rez. It was a book about her childhood and what she ended up doing as an adult. Her parents are from Pakistan

1. What country was Rez from? / She is from the Pakistan part of Iraq then she moved to Iran, after Iran got to dangerous for the family they became refuges then moved to New Zealand a few months before she was 7.

2. Why did she have to leave? / There were no Pakistan thing left in her country where her parents are from, and they left Iran because it got to dangerous.

3. How did you think she felt when she moved to New Zealand? / I think she felt good but when she started school she was very nervous. Kids also bullied because when they say how are you she only knew how to say My Name Is Rez at the time.

5. What were some of her accomplishments? / She became a lawyer, she helps other refuges, she was named Young New Zealander Of The Year. Also she think about what the people who bullied her would say now.

I hope you like my work for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.