Pages

Friday 8 March 2019

Athletics Day

Yesterday was athletics day and I'm going to tell you what I did and what happened.

When I got to school I normally get to school before the bell rings so I just hang out with my friends until the bell rings for class. When the bell rang I lined up outside my class until our teacher lets us in the class. When we got in class the competitive people had to go so before #my teacher did the roll she wrote all the names down of people who left to go to competitive athletics.

After the competitive people went to the gym all the social people stayed in class until 10:15. From 8:30 till 10:15 my class was just doing some of our work and a bus card activity. Right before 10:15 my class played a game. After we finished the game we went to our house meeting places. The houses are Shelford, Setu, Turner and Lewis. I'm in Shelford and my house colour is green, some of my friends were in Shelford we just talked and ate our morning tea until the house leader went through our house chant with us.

Right after going through the chant one more time the people who wanted face paint could get some but I didn't get any neither did my friends. When every one had there face paint on and ready we went to the field with everyone else. When we were on the field I went to see my other friends that were in different houses until our first event. All the yr 7 and 8 girls were in a group, that was the group I was in most of the day. First we did shot put and we had to line up the when it was your go throw the shot put.

After shot put we went to the sprint track but the sprints were going slow so after 5 - 10 minutes of waiting at the sprint track we went to high jump. If you wanted to you could jump more than once but I just jumped once and then watched my friends jump. When we ran out of time at high jump we went back to the sprint track and waited. We thought they missed us but right after we thought we missed sprint they called our to do sprints. After we all ran we had a few minutes until we had discus, some of my friends thought discus was on one side of the field but it was on the other side of the field.

A few minutes later we were at the long jump pit watching everyone before our group was called to do long jump. Everyone could do as many jumps as they want but they at least had to do one jump. I just did one jump but I watched all my friends. Right after my friends finished their long jump we watched the relay.

The relay was pretty cool but I was so hot that day I needed loads of water so my friend and I went to go fill up our drink bottle. After we finished it was 3 and we got to go home.

That's all about athletics day, bye

1 comment:

  1. Wow Danielle!

    You have a fantastic memory. You added so much detail into this piece of writing, I am very impressed. I can clearly recall and picture the day because of the precise way you did your writing.

    For next time a suggestion would be to make sure all the bits and pieces you are including really add to the overall outcome of your writing. Are there any parts you think you could have cut out?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.