Pages

Thursday 11 March 2021

The history on Anzac - Social studies

 In social studies we had to learn all about Anzac day and what happened during the 1st world war in 1915-1916.

When do you hear this song? At any Anzac/war service all around the world. They all use this song to mourn the people that fought and died in the war.

Why is this song significant to New Zealand? They play this song at every service so they can mourn and remember all those who fought and died for our country.

What is the history behind the last post? Why and when was it played? It was played for the soldiers who lost their lives fighting for their countries, it was just to honour the soldiers and mourn them.

What does this song represent? It represents the world war 1 soldiers and pretty much thanking them for what they did even though we can not do it face to face.

This is a link to the song even though you have probanly heard it at any Anzac/war events: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McCDWYgVyps

1 comment:

  1. Hello Danielle, I like how you answer all the question and putting an introduction where people know what kind of question you answering.I also like how you put the link of the Anzac song.Maybe next time add like your maps where you locate all the Anzac task that you did.Thank you

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.