Pages

Thursday 11 March 2021

Narrative openings - English

 In English we had to think of narrative openings that show what the story is about rather than us just explaining it in words. These are the 5 sentence starters I have thought of.

  • One gloomy morning the wind was whistling when I woke up, my alarm was pounding in my head and I just wanted to put my head back on my pillow and fall asleep.
  • On this wonderful sunny day when me and my friends were sprinting down the field, smiling and laughing until our body hurt from laughing so hard.
  • The fruit was so juicy and ripe, the colour was so bright when we picked them from the bushes and trees.
  • I felt so alone sitting on the silent, dark bridge with the wind blowing on my face and the moon shining.
  • I smelt the disgusting smell of smoke from my bedroom, when I opened my door I saw a bright and warm substance from the kitchen and yelled for my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.