Pages

Tuesday 9 March 2021

Show don´t tell - English

In English we had to do this task on show don´t tell and this is my work and how I would explain it.

What do you think “show don’t tell” means? I think it means we have to explain what things means by what you see rather than just telling the audience.

How can we re-write these sentences to “show” and not “tell”?

The buildings were tall: Th building were high like birds in the sky.

Sarah was really upset: She was just in bed laying down looking at the roof thinking.

She was so happy to see him: She filled with excitement and starting jumping when she saw him.

The lake was beautiful: The lake was sparkling in the sun and it made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.