Pages

Monday 7 September 2020

No more plastic bags

In textiles we are researching why plastic bags are bad and trying to think of ideas instead of plastic bags. Here is what I found.

Why are there no more plastic bags? In NZ plastic bags were banned in July 2019 because there was so much waste not just in NZ all around the world. Most of it kept coming in the ocean and killing the animals after a while.


Plastic bags are made from polyethylene, the reason polyethylene is pretty bad is because it takes away a lot of natural gas to make it into a plastic bag.

Alternatives to plastic bags. Paper bags, cotton / reusable bags, reusable plastic bags.

1 comment:

  1. Great research Danielle.
    Plastic bags were great once upon a time but look how damaging they are to the environment.
    Mind you, have you checked out how much water paper takes to make???

    Miss L

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.