Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2020

Energy transformation experiment

Different types of energy's:
1. Kinetic 
2. Electric
3. Sound
4. Light 
5. Chemical 
6. Potential
7. Gravitational
8. Nuclear

Chemical + Electrical = Phone, chargers, computers, battery
Light + Chemical = Torch
Kinetic + light = Anything moving with light.

Aim: 
To make a marshmallow shooter that transforms energy.

Equipment: 
Marshmallows, scissors, cups and a balloon.

Method
1. Cut the bottom of the cup.
2. Cut the bottom of the balloon.
3. Stretched the balloon onto the part of the cut where there hole is.
4. Put the marshmallow in the centre of the balloon.
5. Pull the balloon back and fire it.

\Conclusion:
The energy change goes from elastic potential to kinetic energy after the marshmallow was fired. Over all I think the activity was pretty fun and a good idea to do with your friends.

How To Make A DIY Marshmallow Shooter | Somewhat Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.