Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2019

Freak the Mighty book review

In reading my group has been reading a book called Freak the Mighty for most of the term and I've just finished the book. We were told to do a book review on the book.

Here's mine:

Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick is basically about a son of Killer Kane called Max and his best friend called Kevin but his friends call him Freak. Also their whole adventure of before and after they became freak the mighty. People called Freak a midget or midget man, and they called Max stupid, but when they got older they didn't really care anymore.

Freak and Max went on a few adventures before but the most interesting part of the book was what happened when Max's dad got out of jail. He made the police believe he didn't kill anyone, so he got out and when Max saw his dad he was pretty scared.  He knew that Freak was there so he wasn't as nervous anymore. Max was with his dad and saw something really bad then remembered what his dad did to get him in jail. Freak came and tricked Max's dad and saved the day. Something happened to Freak at the end of the book what was pretty sad.

I think this book was really good and a lot of people will like it. Personally I think people year 6 and up but I know there are people younger than that who read books like these. The story was kind of sad but it was also good. I think people might be able to relate to some of the story because it talks a little bit about bullying and some people get bullied a lot. Overall I think the book was really good and the book got made into a movie and I might watch the movie.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Danielle

    I like the summary you gave when you talked a bit about the story and provided us with some context to the story. I think you can add some more work to your review still.. there is an example on the slide of a well written review and I think you are capable of challenging yourself some more. Read through and find out what makes up a good review.

    I haven't signed off this task yet.
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.