Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2019

Home Chemestry Week 2

Last week my class and Miss Tozers class were doing home chemistry. We do home chemistry and drama at different times and days. Today day for home chemistry, we had to find the chemical name for different items and if you didn't have a device  you budded up in a pair or a group of 3. I didn't have a device neither did Danni so we budded up with Reisha. So our group was Reisha, Danni and I.

What we had to figure out in science this week is.....

The process / what we had to do:

So the first chemical name from our list was salt . The chemical name for salt is Sodium Chloride, the next thing was surf we couldn't find anything different to something else on our list so we put laundry detergent. After that was white vinegar the chemical name for that was Acetic Acid, the next thing was baking soda and the chemical name for that is Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate and that's the same as baking powder which is after baking soda.

Next was cleaner and the chemical name is  Muriatic Acid. The thing that had the same thing as surf was detergent and the chemical name is Carboxyic Acids. Next was lemonade but there was no chemical name so we did the biggest ingredient which is Glucose H20. After was sugar and the chemical name is Glucose, the last thing was citric acid and the chemical name is Anhydrous.

Hope you like our groups research, bye

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Danielle.

    You did a nice job at explaining what the task was. In order to earn your point, Mr Palmer and I are looking for an organized scientific list. Have another look at the example we did together on the 7/8Bh class blog to help you out.

    http://hhsmissbirtch.blogspot.com/2019/02/hurumanu-science.html

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.