Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Water and Salt Experiment

Today in home chemistry we are learning about, how much salt in water will help it not freeze in the freezer overnight. Here is what I found out.

The Plan.

Task 1; Read the question carefully and write the answer to these questions. 

  1. What do we need to find out? How much salt in water will not make it freeze in water
  2. How will we find it out? Try our method out and if it doesn't work it doesn't work
  3. How will we record what we find? In our books or on our chromebook
  4. What equipment do we need for the experiment? A cup of water, salt and a freezer
  5. How long will it take? Overnight is it works the first time but it i doesn't work maybe a few nights

The Procedure

Task 2: What are the steps that you will take to make the experiment? 

List them in 6 steps.

Step 1; Get a cup with water in it and get some salt
Step 2: Get some spoons to put the salt in the cup
Step 3: Put the salt in the cup
Step 4: Carefully put it in the freezer and leave it overnight
Step 5: Check it the next morning the water froze or not
Step 6: If it didn't work try again

The Process

Task 3: Draw on a piece of A4 paper the 6 steps that you will use to test the amount of salt in water before freezing. When we are making drawings in science  it needs to be labelled clearly, kept tidy and named. Once you have completed the drawing it must be photographed and uploaded to your blog.


These are the pictures I drew.


Sorry you can't really see them

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Danielle!

    Well done on using Mr Palmer's template. I can award you your point for this activity. I wonder what you could do next time to make your picture easier to see?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.