Pages

Monday 25 February 2019

Chromatography/ With coloured pens

Today in home chemistry we are learning about Chromatography. The Chromatography we are learning about is putting felt pens on a piece of paper then putting the end of the paper in water and putting skittles in water and waiting for the result. 

Materials;

1. A piece of chromatography paper
2. A pencil and ruler 
3. A cup of water
4. Felt water based pens, we did red, black and green
5.  A Chromebook or I pad to get photos
6. A Chromebook or i pad to do a blog post about it

Process:

Step 1: We got the chromatography paper and we write lines on each end, one end was 1 cm and the other end was 2 cm
Step 2: We put 3 dots with 3 colours on the line
Step 3: After that we put the paper in the water and let it sit
Step 4: We got our Chromebooks out to take some photos
Step 5: We got some photos on our camera
Step 6: We had to start doing a blog post about what we did

Findings: Write about what happened. At the start it was just wet paper but after a while a few different colours came out of just the 3 colours. I can't remember exactly what the colours were but I knew there was about 6 or 7 on the 1 piece of paper. After that we let it sit and moved on to a different experiment

Reflection: What have I learnt from this experiment?

A picture:



I hope you like my science work, bye

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle

    I like the photos you included with your Chromatography reflection, however, in order to earn your science badge points you MUST follow the criteria from Mr Palmer's blog. Please use the template you have been provided to do your work.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle! Great to see that you used the correct format. For next time, don't delete your original work. You shared some great learning with us before. Add to the post you already have created.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.