Pages

Thursday 28 February 2019

Chromatography/ With Skittles and water

Today in home chemistry we did an experiment with skittles and water. It was pretty fun and this is the third time I did this experiment.

This is what we needed

Materials;

1. A container
2. Some water
3. Skittles
4. A lid for the container
5. A device to take pictures
6. Also a device to make a blog post

Process:

Step 1: Get one of those little container and the skittles were already in the container
Step 2: Sit back down and wait for the teacher to pour the water in your container
Step 3: After the teacher has put the water in wait for something to happen
Step 4: Take a picture of the skittles in the water when it just starts to do something
Step 5: Wait like 5 minutes then look at the container and take a picture of what has happened
Step 6: When your done make a blog post about what happened

Findings: Write about what happened. When we first put the water in with the skittles it just started to show the colour just around the skittles and we had to take a picture of the skittles of when this happened. Then a few minutes later the container was covered with the colours from the skittles.

The pictures:



Reflection: What have I learnt from this experiment? That even if you don't have much time and you want to do a fun experiment you can do this one. It takes less than 10 minutes and it looks cool when your done with the experiment.

What did the colours do? They went through the water but they didn't mix together.
Did the colours mix together? Not until I moved the container.
Why or why not? No because I think the skittle colours we in its own space in the container until I waked over to tip the water out.

Hope you like my experiment, bye

1 comment:

  1. Hello Danielle!

    This is a neatly organized science blog post. I like how you included some pictures to go with it. Did you learn anything new now that you have done this three times? Is there something you could change to get different results?

    I have updated your points on the spread sheet :)

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.