Pages

Friday 12 February 2021

The Treaty of Waitangi What Really Happened

 12.2.2021

The title: The Treaty of Waitangi What Really Happened

Text type: Film

Text creator: Peter Burger

Text purpose: To show every one what happened and understand more about Waitangi.

In class we watched a video on how the Maori people and British people came up with the treaty and agreed on signing it. Before the treaty everyone was trading, losing stuff and not having a great time so the British came up with the idea to make a treaty in English and Maori so everyone can read it. It took quite a bit of hard work and everyone speaking their part, some chiefs of New Zealand did not want to sign it and felt like their rights were being taken away but some thought it would bring peace. So in the end more chiefs signed than the chiefs who did not sign the treaty and since then New Zealand has been apart of the British colony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.