Pages

Friday 19 February 2021

Reflection section

 19.2.2021

Text title: Butterflies

Text type: Short story

Text creator: Patricia Grace

Text purpose: Do not know

In wanaga we read this short story about this girl and at school she wrote a story about butterflies and she thought that butterflies should get killed. But her teacher told her they are beautiful creatures and she did not agree with her teacher and when she got home she told her grandparents. When she was talking to them they also agreed that her story was true because they grow there own vegetables and fruit and butterflies get annoying. Then they realised the teacher probably does not grow her own food.


What does the author of this text want us to know?Probably even if animals and creatures are pretty they can also get annoying.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle.
    I really like the way you summarised the text in your own words. I thought about and agreed with the answer to your critical litereacy question. I think that maybe next time you could think a bit harder about what the purpose of the text is; short stories are read for entertainment and to convey a message. Good post, Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle,
    It's Extraordinary how you informed us about the whole story in depth and what happened to cause the death of the butterflies. I liked how you thought that even if the *Insects* (Not Creatures or Animals) are beautiful but can still be annoying. One thing that you might need to work on is adding more detail and information about the story because alot got missed,The "What does the author want us to know" Part might need a proof read, Otherwise Great Job. (Kaedun)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.