Pages

Friday 26 February 2021

Slavery - Social studies

In social studies we learned all about the slave trade triangle  and how music helped then through that difficult time. We had to map out our work on this site called my maps and we also had to research about one specific song that has a meaning to the slaves.

Slaves used music to get through the horrible lives the living and how poorly the treated.

Harriet Tubman was a woman born into slavery and she got sick of being in-slaved and wanted to get freedom, she  helped around 70 people to get out of the states in America that in slaved people.

We had to pick a spiritual song and write about the significance it has about slavery, I chose ´wade in the water´ The slaves that Harriet Tubman helped get to freedom had to go through the water in secret so their owners would not figure out and so they would not get punished. 

It is still significant today because black people are still fighting for their right which any human should have, and the states in America which were the slave states are still the most racist today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.