Pages

Tuesday 23 February 2021

Similes and metaphors

 What is a simile? A simile is where you compare something using the words like or as because they are similar to the subject.

What is a metaphor? It making a comparison but making it less softer if that makes sense. For example saying life is like a box of chocolates, a metaphor is saying life is a block of chocolates.

Examples of a simile: We are laughing as hard as rocks about what happened, life is like a box of chocolates

Examples of a metaphor: He is a star, snow is a big white blanket o the surface.

Rendered ImageRendered Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.