Pages

Monday 21 October 2019

Reading

In reading this week were starting a new book called Freak the Mighty. Here are a few questions that my teacher gave my group.

1. Based on the front cover and title what do you predict the book is about? Maybe it's a freak that is mightier than other people their age.

2.  If something is described as mighty, what do you think that means? I think it means a really strong or brave person or thing.

3. Describe a time where you have been called a name or picked on. How did you feel? What made you feel better? I was just being teased about my height compared to other older people in my year. But my friends told me that it's fine and ignore it.

4. Describe the difference between a bystander and a outstander? I think a bystander is just some that might just stand there and watch I think, and a outstander is someone who is different I guess.

5. Read the back of the book, what do you predict the story's about. Maybe it's about a boy who didn't have a perfect family and had arguments a lot, maybe it will be about something else but I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.