Pages

Friday 25 October 2019

Reading

My group started a new book Freak the Mighty, the author is Rodman Philbrick. I had to read the first 3 chapters of the book and do a summary of those few chapters, here is my summary

I think the first 3 chapters weren't really exciting because it's just the start of the book and we were just learning about the characters and the story. But in the first couple chapters it was basically reflecting on when the author or main character called Max was a child. In the second chapter he saw the cool guy Freak when he was younger with his crutches. Freak used to be so cool when he was younger because everyone wanted to see his crutches. The author saw the Freak from his old school when he was moving boxes for him but he didn't realise who it was till now. He went up to talk to him and for a little bit Freak didn't remember him for a few minutes.

I think the book is going good so far and I think I might like it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle

    I would like to see you add a bit more to your summary so I know you understand what you have read. See if you can put in some more details.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work applying your feedback and making your work better, Danielle. This now looks like Year 8 quality work.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.