Pages

Friday 25 October 2019

Maths

In maths we were working out who would get the most money working over the holidays from a question we were doing. 

The first person was Ariana, on the question she got $10 her first day then $2 more every other day she worked. There are 2 weeks in the normal school holidays so the first day she got $10 dollars then all the other 13 days she got $2. So you could either skip count in 2s 13 times or just do 13x2. My group did both and we worked our the answer was 26, then we added the 10. So for 2 weeks we worked out she got $36.

The other person was Matiu and he got $1 every day but it was doubling over 2 weeks. So the second day he got $2, the the next day he got $4, then $8, $16, $32, 64, 128, 256, 462, 924, 1228, 2456, 5312. He will get $5312 all the holidays. 

We also had to say who we would rather be, I would rather be Matiu because he got more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.