Pages

Monday 9 September 2019

Ella West Visit

Today Ella west came to our school and talked to the year 7+8s about being a author and her life. Some people in my class were reading one of Ella's books Night Vision but I wasn't one of them. Another class did some work on Night Vision before the people in my class and Ella saw there work. She lives in Dunedin so she had to come all the way up to Christchurch to visit our school. I think that it was cool that she came, and she told us about the start of Night Vision and it sounded cool. 

She also told us about another one of her books called Rain Falls. They both sound like pretty cool books to me. She told us about a little girl in Night Vision and what she saw that scared her. Also a little bit about Rain Falls to. She also told us about how she writes her books and how long it takes. She said it normally takes her like 2 months to write one. 

I think the visit was pretty cool and it was cool that she came and talked to us. Maybe the author my group worked on might or might not come to our school.

These are the covers of Night Vision and Rain Falls:





3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Danielle!

    I am pleased to see that you enjoyed having Ella West visit our school. Would you like to read Night Vision or Rain Fall for a novel study? We have both of these books available for Year 7/8s.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really mind if we do Night Vision or Rain Fall. Maybe you could ask the group when we are all finished War Horse.

      Delete
  2. Hi Danielle!

    I see you were really on seeing Ella West visit our school on Monday. I think you would really enjoy reading these books but anyways you did a great job on adding what Ella West talked about some parts of her life and how being an Author was like to her. Maybe next time you could add more what you thought the books were about when you first saw the cover of the books. What was your first impresstion on seeing Ella West for the frist time?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.