Pages

Friday 16 April 2021

Screen printing - Textiles

 In textiles were learning different techniques to put a design on a piece of fabric. This time we learned screen printing. aWhich is a way to put paint on a piece of matireal.

How to do it? 

  • You draw a design on thick nearly cardboard paper.\
  • Cut the design out with a box cutter not cutting exactly to the edge.
  • You always put a piece of news paper on the table your working on so you do not mess up the table. 
  • On the news paper put the piece of fabric first, then your design then a screen.
  • On the screen you put paint, enough to cover the whole design/piece of fabric.
  • Then with a squigy you pull the paint down, while someone holds the screen.
Here is what mine looked like:









No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.