Pages

Friday 9 April 2021

Who is Bob Geldof & Midge Ure - Social studies

 In social studies we had to research and write a paragragh on Bob Galdof and Midge Ure on who they are and why they started Live aid.

Bob Galdof: He was one of the Live aid main people, he was born 1951 in Ireland and he went ot a catholic school. In 1978 his band made a hit song called ´rat trap´ and ´I dont like mondays´. He teamed up with Midge Ure to make this concert called Live aid, they also made a song ot go along with a concert called ´Do they know its christmas time´. He used all the earnings from the concert to raise money for the families in africa who didnt have food.

Midge Ure: He was pretty important bin the few bands he was in, he was nrmally the gutairist/vocalist of the group. After his time in the bands was over he was a solo artist for a little bit, until him and Bob Galdof decided to make the song called ´do they know its christmas time´ and they preformed it at the concert they both put together. All the earningsfrom the concert werent for the artist, they were all for the families in africa woh didnt have any food.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.