Pages

Monday 3 August 2020

Tea bag experiment

In science today we learned about convention and conduction. Conduction is when you can touch something and the heat will go onto whatever you touched it with. Convention is when you don't have to touch anything to get it how/give heat to anything else.
The experiment we did today was getting tea bags and either with a match or a lighter set it on fire and see what it does. First we had to cut the top of the tea bag off and actually get the tea out. We then stood the tea bag up to it was standing on its own on the heat proof mat. Most of my team preferred light lighters but some people liked matches. When all the flames were gone it flew and turned into ash. It was pretty fun we got to do it a few times with different tea bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.