Pages

Thursday 11 June 2020

Dilution experiment

In science on Monday we did a experiment to less dilute potasium permaaganate in water.

The Aim of this experiment was to see how the colours get less and less vibrant as it gets less dilute.

We did this by first putting 10 ml of water in one of the test tubes and 5 ml of water in all the other ones. The teacher put potasium pernaagante in the test tude with 10 ml of water, and then we keep taking 5 ml out of the tubes we put the solution in to make it less and less concentrated. 

The equipment we had was 5 or 6 test tubes, a measuring thing and a squirting thing.

I think it went pretty well and the teacher accidentally messed up on some but ours she didn't mess up and was what it was supposed to look like. When we first started the 1st test tube was pretty concentrated because there was a lot more potasium permaagante, and the last one was the least concentrated because there was more water. It was all different shades of purple, the first one was the most purple because it was the most concentrated and the last one was the lightest because it was the least concentrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.