Pages

Thursday 1 March 2018

Sailing

Sailing
On the 16th of February all the year 7s went sailing on a lake Rua with trained instructors, that helped us sail and be safe at the same time. First we had to get to school, and part of the fun was we could wear our own clothes. When I got there I saw no one in there uniform and mostly everyone was wearing comfy clothes. Oh and we had to put our togs underneath when we were there or before. I did it before so I didn’t have to worry.

Next at 8.30 the bell rang and everyone was lining up to be ready to go. A few minutes after that we went on the bus and we were with 7al or J2. I got pretty excited because I did this before at primary school and I was surprised we were doing it again.

When we got there we had to sit in a group and then go to our teacher. After that we got numbers on out hand it was either 1, 2 or 3. I was 2 and my friends were either 3 or 1, we were all in different groups. When we went to our group we met our instructors and started to make the boat. My buddy was my friend from primary school and we know each other very well.

When we finished making the boats we were taught how to sail them on ground. First we learned how to keep the boat straight, then pull the rope with your steering hand and finally turn around. Then it was morning tea time.

I hanged out with my friends at morning tea and we just talked about stuff we wanted to basically. After morning tea we were ready to sail on the water. We were taught exactly what to do and it was pretty fun. Oh and if you wanted to you could sit on your knees while your sailing. After we went sailing for nearly an hour we stopped and went back for lunch.

At lunch I talked with my other friends and at lunch we needed to sit down. Then Mr Mitchell said we can swim if we had our life jackets on, so most of us went in the water and swam. 10 - 20 minutes later we had to get out and go back to sailing.

My feet started to hurt 10 - 20 minutes after lunch so I sat out and watched other kids sail for a little. Then I tried to sail as much as I could with my sore ankle and it didn’t actually hurt until I got off the boat after 2 - 3 times on the boat

When we stopped after 2 hours it felt like we got off the boat and went back. We could actually swim for a little then  we had to get changed. Getting changed was the weirdest thing we had to change behind the box thingys some people put there togs on under neath. When I was changed I went to were the girls that were changed were.  After that we had to pick up some rubbish.

When we finished that we went on the bus to go back. I liked sailing on Friday and if I could do it again I would.







Hope you like my post, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.